WEIMARANER RESCUE BLOG

WEIMARANER RESCUE BLOG
Weim lives matter!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tonka's Big Day at the Steel City Pet Expo

Tonka attended the Steel City Pet Expo on Saturday, June 30, 2012 to let his admiring public get a look at him.  Tonka and Chula, a long-hair Weim, were the main attractions at Tri State Weimaraner Rescue's booth at the pet expo.



Tonka drew in crowds of people and made many new friends as he happily greeted people and snuggled up to anyone who would let him.  He was well behaved in his crate, but preferred to be out getting all the attention he could.


You can see Tonka in his crate in the back of the booth in this photo.

In the afternoon Tonka was pretty worn out and a cover was put on his crate so that he could get some much needed sleep and even while he slept people would sneak up to take a peek at the sleeping puppy.

One potential adopter drove in from Ohio and Tonka met him and his lovely dog.  A young lady from Philadelphia stopped by to meet Tonka and she even said that she has Tonka's photo hanging up in her cubicle at work.

Besides getting some new toys from the give-away at the PetSmart booth Tonka went to a grooming booth and got a pedicure (nails trimmed and finished with a dremel).  The groomer said it took longer to do Tonka's nails because she had to play with him for a bit.  When we were packing our SUV to leave with Tonka a lady stopped by to give him some treats and a new Kong toy, which he already loves.  Even some of the show staff stopped us on our way out of the building to get some Tonka loving to end their day.




Shorty and his dog Hercules from the show "Pit Boss" on Animal Channel were one of the attractions at the Steel City Pet Expo.




A big thank you to all our friends who stopped by the booth to meet Tonka and support Tri State Weimaraner Rescue!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina,

    This is Bridget- the lady from Philadelphia with Tonka's picture at work! After leaving the Expo and playing with Tonka outside for awhile and talking to Bob Steele about living with a Weim, I've decided I'd love to adopt him if he is stil available. I did put an application in through the tristate weim rescue website, and am waiting to hear back but I wanted to let you know about my interest via this blog, too! I am in a non-dog friendly apartment until the beginning of August, but my parents who live in Pittsburgh said they would be able to bring him home until I move into my new apartment. I've seen weim-owners around the city and have talked to them every chance possible to find out about life in the city for a weim, and they all have said as long as I am active, it shouldn't be a problem. I have dreamed of having a weim-friend for a long time and I finally feel like I am financially able to own one and physically ready for the commmitment. I'll be working part-time in the fall (until February) which means more time to spend with Tonka for exercise, training and bonding. I am a runner, hiker, backpacker, swimmer, and outdoor enthusiast & can definite imagine bringing Tonka on these adventures. We will also run regularly through fairmount park right by my apartment here in Philadelphia.

    Please keep me posted on Tonka's availability. 412-916-2373 is my cell! (And thanks for mentioning me in your blog!!)

    ReplyDelete